Wassup All

wigglythegreat

Hey everyone, what's happening? In case you didn't realize I am new here and I just bought my first GPS unit. Here is what I bought after doing some research: a Meridian Color w/ 64mb sd card, Mapsend Directroute, car power adapter and computer connection, sd card reader/writer, carrying case for meridian, and also quick rechargable batteries. I am very happy with everything so far and the only downside is that I went into this thinking I would spend no more than 250 bucks and ended up spending twice that. I just went on a trip from Ny to Maine aprox. 230 miles and was thoroughly impressed as was my friend who went with me. I told my friend ahead of time I was going to navigate using only the GPS unit, and he thought I was crazy or something. So the day we left he tells me that he didnt bother bringing the paper maps b/c I said they weren't needed. I told him that was cool, but in my head I was nervous b/c I had never tried it before and hadn't even barely figured out how to use it yet. We made the same trip a year ago, but I mostly rember how must everyone argued over the directions and throwing maps around the car. Well anyway we got there without one wrong turn and shaved about 45 minutes off last years trip, which there were several wrong turns. I was impressed with the accuracy of the directroute software and by the end of our trip I learned alot about my gps. So even though I spent more than what I had planned, I wouldn't change a thing now. I even went to the beach in Maine and buried a small toy and a dollar bill and made my friend go find the treasure that I had buried. He found it no prob and I heard him later on his cell telling his friends how cool he thought the gps was. It made it easier traveling in the area where we stayed too, being able to always know what road we were on and what was coming up ahead of us. GPS units rock and I can't wait to go on some more adventures now. Thanks for hearing me.