European Sp3 User...

Hi,

I am a Brit who owns a Garmin Street Pilot 3 (with Garmin CN) and a Garmin Vista (with MG Europe). Both are well used in travelling about and geocaching.

We occasionally visit the States and naturally, we would like to be able to make use of this little lot while we tour. The purchase of CN USA for the SP3 is out of the question, it is prohibitatively expensive for the relatively little use we would get from it.

I understand from the forums that MG USA V4 could be loaded into the datacard of the SP3 and it will provide auto-routing on it (but without the voice directions). The same software could also be used to load mapping data into our Vista. Hence, if this is correct, the one piece of software could fill both my requirements.

Is there a friendly voice on the far side that could confirm this and better still, point me in the direction of a cheap source for this now superceded software.

Cheers!...

<_<

MG USA 4 will work on the SP3 and it _does_ provide voice directions. It will also work on the Vista. I have both of those units and MGUSA 4 works great on both (as well as two Rinos and an eMap). I'm afraid I can't tell you where to buy a copy as I'm hanging on to mine. In fact, I just sold my copy of MG5 because it doesn't do autorouting on the SP3.

-E

p.s. I just looked on shopping.yahoo.com and found one outlet for MG4. It is gpsdiscount.com.

http://gpsdiscount.com/products/?a=72

I purchased my two Rinos from them and I'm happy with the service I received. You might see if you can talk them down from that price since it is older software. You never know.

Edited by TresOkies++