Off Topic Not About Caching!

I have a new mobile phone (sharp gx10i) and it has WAP capabillities. Now I have ringtones (1000s) stored on my hard drive, As far as I can see I cannot download them using a lead but I can using WAP. How do I do this? I found a program that claims to do it but the free demo doesnt so I dont want to part with my hard cash without knowing for sure it is the right thing.

http://www.codingworkshop.com

Will this do the job and is it worth shelling out £12.95 or is there some other way (cheaper or free) that I can do what I want.

sorry for the non caching topic but I thought I might find out some techie info here

Cheers

Donnie

Don't know this phone but with my Nokia 3650 I just bluetooth the ringtones across once they've been converted to the correct format. No WAP charges to pay. At £7 per MB WAP ain't cheap so if you are transferring a lot of stuff it might be cheaper to get your PC bluetooth enabled and then your only concern is the size of your MM card. I didn't have to pay for a format converter as Nokia provided it with the phone.

With music videos (which can be upto 2Mb) I just take the card out of the phone and put it in my PC card reader. I even had the entire spiderman & matrix 2 movies on my phone once - I've got a 128Mb card though!

Have fun!

Cheers!

Seasider

I unfortunately did not get a bluetooth phone. I do have a little program that converts ringtones to a small format so that they dont take up much space or cost a lot to download. I just have to work out how to transfer them from my pc. The coding workshop program says it can do it but it cost 12.95 to get it working, As I am only interested in getting a couple of different tones on my phone so it is not worth the money, I would be just as well paying £3 a go on a comercial download. But I dont want to do that because I have the tones on my pc already!!