City Select & Topo Loaded Together

Quoddy

While downloading my City Select onto my 60cs with the help of a great customer service person at Garmin (I had entered the serial and not the unit number), I asked about loading both Topo and City Select in the same 56mb. He said it was no problem. I've since ordered the Topo, and am curious as to where the "toggle" between the two would come into play (yes, I know they both don't run together). Anyone using both at once? It sure would save me a lot of reloading between road and cache use.

While downloading my City Select onto my 60cs with the help of a great customer service person at Garmin (I had entered the serial and not the unit number), I asked about loading both Topo and City Select in the same 56mb. He said it was no problem. I've since ordered the Topo, and am curious as to where the "toggle" between the two would come into play (yes, I know they both don't run together). Anyone using both at once? It sure would save me a lot of reloading between road and cache use.

I use the two all the time.

When you want to use the CS you go to the map setup and move the curser till you get the map info to come up. Hit menu and you will have a choice of what to see and do.

When you want Topo you just do the same. Also it gives you a choice of nothing to show.

You have to have multible programs in it for it to give you the choices. So load the Topo and CitySelect maps you want into the gps and then find the map setup.

Capt.

From the map page hit the "MENU" button and select "Setup Map"

Move to the fourth of the five icons (the "i" with the circle around it) and hit "MENU"

This will give you a list of options something like:

Show All

Show None

Hide Basemap

Restore Defaults

Restore All Map Defaults

Show US City Select

Show US Topo

Selecting any of the "show" options will turn on that map set and turn all others off. Leaving all map segments turned on will slow down the screen redraws.

I use both and it works just like Rubberhead says. When loading maps click on the maps you want on City Select then click on Topo and select the maps you want on topo then load them into the unit it will ask you half way to insert the second CD and presto there both loaded.