Cache Lost . . . Then Found!!

archaeor

Had to laugh today . . . one of my caches went MIA this weekend. I wouldn't have known it, except for a DNF log. So I visited the cache location today on my way to work and, sure enough, it was gone! :D

As soon as I got to work, I temporarily disabled the cache, deciding that I would replace it tomorrow with a new one. Just then, I got this e-mail:

--This message was sent through the Geocaching.com web site--

I found your cache on Saturday, April 17th, and took it, mistaking its purpose.  I was on a cycling training ride and spotted it at the summit of Palomares.  Due to the circumstances I didn't fully read the contents and thought incorrectly the task was to move it along to a new location so folks could track the journey.

I can mail it to you or replace it, however I won't be passing back through that route for a few weeks.  Please accept my apology and let me know what you'd like for me to do.

Thanks,

Doug

(Yes, it's the same cache with the wierd spray-painted mark described in a previous TOPIC) :D

Anyway, it's good to know that there are still good, honest people out there. I've contacted Doug, and will make arrangements to recover the AWOL cache and, perhaps, persuade him to join our hobby. ;)

Thanks Doug!!! :D

Rick

This cache sure is getting a lot of attention. :D

How is it that a cyclist happened to find it? From the pics you posted, it appeared to be in a good hiding spot. I thought they would be whizzing past at the speed of light.

I'm glad you are getting it back though and that you obviously had good identifying info in the cache.

This is getting to be quite an ongoing story. Tune in next week.....same cache time, same cache channel.