Have A Good Day

We had ours today it was a blast.

Met a few new geocachers and had fun picking up 2.1 miles of Highway ROW.

Our signs will not be in till this start of the week,so I will have to get pictures of the Adopt a Hghway as soon as they go up.

It is late tonight ad will upload some photos later I have had it for this week,I am glad it is over and we can start a new tomarrow.

What a great turnout for a NICELY organized event in Pittsburgh! It was called Left Nothing; Took a Dump, by Team Vaxcave. We had close to or over 50 people; we had gloves and trashbags; we had a boat; we had Jeeps; we had invasive-vine-pulling; we had a cinder block; we had litter picker-uppers; we had games; we had great weather; we had food; we had a marathon; oh, and we had trash.

I can't wait to see the video footage!

an email from Salvelinus:

I thought I would give you a quick report on the Potter County Cito.

The event was attend by about 25 cachers.  We ended up cleaning a trash site that was in existance for at least 40 years(we found some dated trash!).  We totally filled a DCNR dump truck with trash bags and then had about 30 more filled trash bags piled around the truck.  On top of that, we pulled out and piled up, 5 big piles of "bigger" stuff (appliences, pipes, wire etc...).  All told, I bet this small group removed at least 2 tons of trash from this site!  The sad part is that we only got about half of it out of there, but you could definatly see a difference.  Check the site, Olf Da Coors will be putting up pics soon!

from Lumberjack Tom regarding the CITO @ Jefferson Memorial Forest this past Saturday:

Our excellent participation in this event has already been acknowledged by the Administrator of the Forest and is sure to enhance the prospects for geocaching with the Metro Parks Department.

Aside from helping Jefferson Forest and our own sport, this event allowed us to put faces behind a lot of names.  It was fun having the chance to meet so many people, especially those who are new to the sport.

Many thanks for your help and support.  I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you again-hopefully sooner rather than later!

Lumberjack Tom