Looking For Another Gps

I currenty bought a Etrex Legend, I love it! My 6 year old son is very smart and knows how to work it, but I want to hold it! Anyhow, I am looking for a used GPS that someone is wanting to sell. I want something like my Legend, but I don't want to spend a alot on it, because it is for a 6 year old. I'm not sure if my computer hook up would work on another Gramin, but if it will please let me know. I was looking at the Yellow Etrex, but it is more than I want to spend. If anyone could help me I would be so grateful. Thanks!

Ladycacher

With the Yellow, I can downlaod the waypoint like my Legend, and then it will show which way to move on the compass? I looked on Garmins website and it did not detail what exactly the differences were expect for price. What my son likes is the fact when I have it on the compass it tells him how far the Geo is and which direction to walk. He is not interested in the detailed map, or anything like that. I am not wanting to spend much :bad: . But is there a difference in what my legend compass is and the yellow? I am new to these things if you can't tell ;) .

Ladycacher

I cant answer your question on the difference between the two. I used too own a legend but now have a Vista. In fact I own several Vistas, Some are still brand new in the boxes. I just dont use the etrex series that much. I use a Magellan Platinum or a 60CS personally. email me and I will make you a heck of a deal on one of the yellow eterx i have. If its for a parent and kid to spend time togeather I will let you buy the GPS by itself for what ever price you want to spend. How can you beat that? Good parents, and good kids are hard to find these days.

Edited by RockyRiver