Oga - Cito - Belleville

Team Cache-away

A CITO event for Belleville has been approved. The plan is to clean up the East Bayshore Trail along the Bay of Quinte. Meet at the canteen just east of the government wharf, at 9:00 a.m. See GCJ1X2 for more details, there are still a few details I am working out, will update the cache page as required. Hope to see a good turnout.

The Belleville CITO, is still forging ahead. Today I was informed that The Quinte Sports Review will be writing an article about geocaching and The Community Press will be attending the CITO event with press and pictures to follow. Thanks to numerous donations we will be having prize draws and temporary caches within the CITO area, As I said in the previous post the BBQ is also a go, looking forward to a good turnout and good weather, See you there!!

The long range forecast for Saturday is looking good, cloudy with a high of 10. Don't forget, we will meet at 9:00 a.m. there will be temporary caches so come prepared to search, we will also have prize draws and a BBQ. Two local press agencies will be there to talk with and photo participants. The press will also be interested in Geocaching as a sport. Come out, have fun and do some community good. See you there.

Well, the weather seems to be changing.. Raining tonight.

I didn't know I had to say I was coming, I thought you just expected it,

MI5 will be in attendance. Storm Raven will not

I have been in contact with the community press reporter, actually he is a friends son. Says he will meet us at 9 am. He then will tag along with MI5.

So we will have MI5 for 2 burgers, and a coke. can you bring it to the the big tree.

Thanks Jackdawg

Well, where to start, the CITO for Belleville is complete. There was a good response by the local media, with three different agencies in attendance. Cachengrabs wife made sure we were well nourished for the tasks at hand, coffee, muffins and fresh fruit. The temporary caches placed by Cachengrab were very effective and fun, they were excellent demonstrations for the press, and wonderfull commemorative T-shirts of OGA - CITO - Belleville for the cachers. Of course right at the start time of 10:00 a.m. a thunderstorm moved through, which was good for keeping the dust down. When that had cleared and the rain had slowed down to meer showers and the downpour of biblical proportions had stopped, we got started. Armed with large garbage bags, gloves and MI5's pickin' stick, we ventured ahead. Two hours later, with all of us wet to the skin, but with sense of humour intact, the Bayshore East Trail was litter free. There were enough donated prizes, that at the end of the day, everybody left with something as a token of appreciation. For all who attended this event you should feel proud of yourselfs, although conditions were not perfect the ultimate goal was attained and as Geocachers you proved that environmental protection is more than just words. You did your part to provide the citizens of Belleville a litter free recreational trail. Thank you to all who attended for a successfull event. Bigger and Better next year, MI5 pickin sticks for everyone!!!

Jackdawg

Good company for those that managed to show up. Thanks for the food Crabette and thanks to the Kids that helped to make a clean difference.

After seeing the garbage at this park it was a relief that most of the people using this trail have the emviroment in mind, it really was not that bad. I check "By The Riverside" yesterday and could not distinguish between the garbage abd the cache. looks like a job for the MI5 pickin sicks.

Everybody will be asking what they are so I will wait and see how many do.

:P

I Know that the next one will be bigger and better because now we have the press coverage.

Thanks Cachengrab for the idea, thanks Jackdawg for running the show

:D

Great job guys and gals!

I'm glad you were able to pull off the clean-up after all and the media got to see the cachers in fine form.

I have a link on my clean up to yours, as well as the rest of the OGA - CITO clean-ups.

If you get a chance, scan in the newspaper article and email it to me please.

[8D] The Blue Quasar