Meridian Swivel Mount

I can't find any info on how the Magellan swivel mount actually mounts. It is a suction cup, screwed down, glued or? I have a windshield mount but I don't much care for it. It sometimes comes loose while driving down the road and it won't keep the gps very stable when on rough road. The Ram Mounts are nice but I don't want to mess with screwing the 12v cord off and on every time I want to pull my gps out of the truck.

Thanks for your insight.

Edited by Warriorrider

Since nobody else has responded, I'll throw in my opinion.

I agree that the Magellan auto mount is poorly built. Mine was stolen, and I didn't care at all.

Instead I bought the RAM mount with 4' suction cup. It is incredibly solid.

As you pointed out, the design of the Magellan cradle is better than the RAM. I too dislike having to unscrew the power cord every time I take my Meridian out of my RAM mount (which itself is a awkward two-handed manuever).

What I decided to do was modify my Magellan cradle to fit the RAM mount. The thing is, I haven't gotten around to it yet. It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do. I just haven't had the ambition.

So.. that's my fix. Take it for what its worth.

Jamie

Instead I bought the RAM mount with 4' suction cup. It is incredibly solid.

As you pointed out, the design of the Magellan cradle is better than the RAM. I too dislike having to unscrew the power cord every time I take my Meridian out of my RAM mount (which itself is a awkward two-handed manuever).

What I decided to do was modify my Magellan cradle to fit the RAM mount. The thing is, I haven't gotten around to it yet. It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do. I just haven't had the ambition.

So.. that's my fix. Take it for what its worth.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. I had thought of that too, but I was not sure if it would work or not. Maybe that is what I will do to. I will look at the Ram mounts some more to see what might work best for that setup.

i bought the swivel mount to put in boat but switched to window suction mount because of angle in my boat.the swivel mount has for screw hole mounts. now i just use swivel mount at my desk top by computer for uploading maps ect.

Ok, thanks. That is what I wanted to know... if I was going to need to put holes in my dash for it to work. Do you think it could be glued instead?

Thanks for the nice pics RockyRiver. That's what I needed to see. :( I didn't really want to put holes in my dash. I don't think it would last long that way since it is not a hard kind of material. I will order one and just glue it instead.

Many thanks to all who responded :D

Pictures are worth a thousand words.