Squeezing Your Peeps

OrthoGuy

I also hesitate to announce new changes to the site except in general terms, since things are in constant flux throughout the development cycle.

What about finalized new changes. Instead of a "to-do" list, what about a "version changelist"-style page announcing what has been changed?

I find quite a few people I know do not realize certain changes are available to them (state pages, for example) unless it was on a part of the site that they frequent and they actually notice the change, but the newer tool may be something that now interests them.

It would also give you a place to write a few sentences on what purpose the change serves which would reduce some of the griping.

I envision something like:

3/20/04

* New "My Cache Page"

-updated code base compatibility with changes in X, Y, Z pages

-new calendar function

-limiting logs displayed to reduce database lookup times and reduce server stress

And so on...

I just wanted to drop a note and say what an inconvience it is that the powers that be droped the watch list from 100 to 50 if you have a regular membership. I host a number of websites and know how important premium memberships are.

I have just discovered that the watchlist for premium membership is not unlimited - contrary to what is stated at gc.com. There is a limit of a 1000 caches.

Regards,

Dovregubben

Edited by Dovregubben og Snöflingan

I have just discovered that the watchlist for premium membership is not unlimited - contrary to what is stated at gc.com. There is a limit of a 1000 caches.

Regards,

Dovregubben

Jeremy? :lol:

Really? It will be long time before it makes a difference to me, but 1000 <> infinity.

Well, I've got to find 922 more caches before I can test that theory....and no, I'm not gonna just start pumping caches into it to see...I'm too dang lazy for that.

Oh, which brings up another question, in case Jeremy does come down here to answer that one:

I really don't want to open a thread for this, but is it possible to change the sort on the watch list? Right now, I believe it's alphabetical, but could it be made to be sorted by date entered, alphabetical, distance, etc? Or would that be too much trouble? Not that it really matters, I can find ways to do it with other programs, such as watcher, but it would be handy to have a sort button on that page.

Oh, which brings up another question, in case Jeremy does come down here to answer that one:

I really don't want to open a thread for this, but is it possible to change the sort on the watch list? Right now, I believe it's alphabetical, but could it be made to be sorted by date entered, alphabetical, distance, etc? Or would that be too much trouble? Not that it really matters, I can find ways to do it with other programs, such as watcher, but it would be handy to have a sort button on that page.

Sparky - I'm to sleepy (and lazy) to markwell it at this late an hour - but in a few other threads Jeremy has mentioned that you'll be able to have seperate watchlists - categorized I beleive. I'm not sure how you'll be able to sort them but I'd guess it MIGHT be possible.

I know that's not exactly what you're asking but I figure it might help some.

somebody markewell it :lol:

sd

I really don't want to open a thread for this, but is it possible to change the sort on the watch list?  Right now, I believe it's alphabetical, but could it be made to be sorted by date entered, alphabetical, distance, etc?  Or would that be too much trouble?  Not that it really matters, I can find ways to do it with other programs, such as watcher, but it would be handy to have a sort button on that page.

Sparky - I'm to sleepy (and lazy) to markwell it at this late an hour - but in a few other threads Jeremy has mentioned that you'll be able to have seperate watchlists - categorized I beleive. I'm not sure how you'll be able to sort them but I'd guess it MIGHT be possible.

I know that's not exactly what you're asking but I figure it might help some.

somebody markewell it :lol:

sd

Yeah, that would pretty much work, I guess. Just that sometimes I'd like to look down the list by the date I found them, others just alphabetically so I could find one quickly.....but, there are ways to do that, like I said. Thanks. :lol:

Do you actually read the emails? Im just curious...

I may not really read every single mail, but use them to watch everyone's progress and anybody new entering the area (=Denmark and Southern Sweden). Actually, there are a lot of caches but not that many geocachers in the area. Most caches are visited 3-5 times a year (but increasing).

Regards

Dovregubben

Edited by Dovregubben og Snöflingan