Phisical Cache Types

wildearth2001

quote:
Originally posted by quills:

physicals are normal caches with goodies hidden in them. Micros usually only have a log of some kind to sign no prizes to change usually. Hope this helps.

Aw, you can usually get tiny trade items in a micro. A micro can be an Altoids mint tin, a 35mm film canister, or something of that sort. Small coins, tiny polished rocks, or itty bitty rubber frogs generally fit icon_smile.gif. I always leave something, unless it would be impossible to get the container closed.

My personal rule of thumb is that if it's the size of a 35mm film container or smaller, it's definitely a micro. If you can squeeze a logbook and a few trinkets in there (think pill bottle) then I think it's a traditional, but a small one. I list a description of the cache container on my hides, although in a truly devious placement just figuring out WHAT the container is can be the most challenging part of the hunt. But like the earlier post said, if it's just a logbook and a pencil, it's a micro for sure.