Problem With The Gpsr!

I'm posting this due to a problem I'm having with my GPSr, Garmin E-trex Venture. When I first cut it on, the screen is really light and vague, it's almost hard to read the warning that comes up below the globe. When it changes to the satellite viewing page (that shows which satellites you've connected to), it's okay. But, at times, the screen will just go :o haywire! ;) Lines will appear from top to bottom, in either small bars, or very thick bars. This is on any menu. And shortly after this happens, the screen will go completely a somewhat blueish-purpeish-blackish color, like when these screens get very hot.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Does anyone know how to correct it, or what I could possibly do to fix it? And, if a nothing else, could someone tell me why it's doing this?

Any information is welcome!

Thanks!

Crafters

I am on my second Garmin Vista soon to be 3rd for the same reason. Can you squeeze on the sides or the face and get the video to come back. If so, from what I understand there is a ribbon cable that causes the problem. If the unit is under a year old Garmin will replace it. I believe there maybe an out of warranty end user fix available. If so, I am sure someone will post it.

I had that same problem with my Venture too. Powering it off then back on fixed the problem but later I found a shortcut by just giving it a good whack on the side. I used it alot and it probably happened a half dozen times alltogether. Santa brought me a Vista for Christmas and I haven't had any problems with it but I still have the Venture as a backup.