Lock & Roll Travel Key #1

mercenarujoe

my roomate found the "Lock & Roll" Travel Key #1 travel bug. this bug needs to stay in the austin area, and i dont participate in geocaching. my roomate is now in IRAQ. i just found the TB in leftover stuff and want to unload it in the spirit of geocaching to someone here, rather than take it 2200 miles north. im in copperas cove. let me know before next friday, or this TB is taking a trip to a cache many many miles away.

Edited by mercenarujoe

First off, what's the bugs goals? If it just wants to travel, or it's goal is somewhere near Maine, (or closer to Maine than you are currently) take it with you, and release it in a cache up there. If taking it to Maine is opposite to it's goals, then yes try and get it to a cacher, or a cache, in the area you are in now.

Secondly, you really shouldn't post the "secret number" from the dog-tag. This is the number used to verify that you have the bug in your posession, and allows one to 'grab' it. Once grabbed, you have the option to drop it in a cache. Posting the number on a public forum allows the mischivous ones to "play" with the bug, grabbing and moving it on the website, to places that it actually isn't.

EDIT: Just went to the bug's page, yeah definately try and leave it in a local cache, or e-mail the bug's owner and arrange to give it back to her for placement.

Edited by IV_Warrior

i dont participate in the geocaching. my roomate told me a little about it, and i have the basic idea, but i really dont know. sorry for posting things i shouldnt have, but if this bug goes with me and out of its "austin" area, you might as well kiss it goodbye, and then an entire cache is ruined. all i want is for someone to take it off my hands and return it to its natural habitat.

i thank you all for hasty relipes. i have recieved the address from someone in this area and will be sending the TB along with what haste i can, so it can run free in its natural habitat.

with the sincereity and generosity all of you have displayed, im temped to borrow my dads GPS when i get home and start cacheing.

thanks again.

---josh----

i thank you all for hasty relipes. i have recieved the address from someone in this area and will be sending the TB along with what haste i can, so it can run free in its natural habitat.

with the sincereity and generosity all of you have displayed, im temped to borrow my dads GPS when i get home and start cacheing.

thanks again.

---josh----

cool! if you start caching, welcome to the family.