Picking Up Tb's From Already Found Caches...

gbod

Forgive me if this is no brainer, but I couldn't seem to find my answer with a forum search...

I picked up my first TB on a cache hunt this weekend. It has a logbook attached to it, and it's really cool to see where it's been. I'll place it in another cache this weekend when I go out.

Anyway, my question is the etiquette regarding picking up travel bugs. Is it OK to pick up a travel bug from a cache you have already visited? Or is that in bad taste to revisit a cache simply to pick up a TB? I haven't found most of the caches in my area, but at some point it would become difficult to pick up new TB's if you have already visited all the caches near you.

Opinions? Thanks!

Edited by gbod

I'm a relative newbie, but I have seen a thread about this one and can answer your question. Yes, it is perfectly fine to revisit a cache to pick up a TB. A lot of times, a cache that's been around for a year or so will have been visited by all of the local geocachers. So if a TB has any hope of getting moved, it would have to depend solely on out-of-town cachers or new cachers in the area. I have visited several caches I've been to already in order to grab a TB that I can help on its way. I'm going out of town in two weeks, so I'm going to several caches just to pick up TB's, many of them ones I've been to before. It's ALWAYS good to get a TB moving!

YodaDoe

This thread doesn't have a lot of meat to it but it does have some confirmations of YodaDoe's thoughts.

My personal take is that it is okay though it is nice if you have another bug to replace the one you took. We have a few local cachers who swap bugs in found caches almost daily but they always leave as many as they've found. When I'm caching regularly I try to keep a small inventory of one or two TBs so that when I come across a new one I'm able to replace it.