Multi-leg Cache For Gsa To Ctio

Deckyon

My wife is a troup leader for Girl Scouts, and she is going to work with our daughter's school and the GSA to get a nice set of multi-leg caches placed for some CITO work and for the girls to get a badge.

My question (after reading the Guidlines and FAQs) is; Do you all think it would be too hard to have the girls do some work with the GPS and require some orienteering to get from one leg to the next?

I am thinking of makeing this milti to run about a 1 mile circuit with the final being a box with not only the badges they are going for but also Geocaching certificates (for completing the cache) and some other trinkets.

At first, this would not be a cache I submit for approval. This is so the girls can complete the cache first. After the meeting where they do the search, I would submit the cache for approval. But, would it be a better idea to go ahead and submit the cache then disable it until the girls find it, then, reenable it to allow them to log it and others to then access and search it.

I recommend typing up your cache page and then DISABLING the cache so it doesn't appear in the approval queue for the reviewer to look at. You get a cache page to print out for use with the Girl Scouts, but the cache is not "public." Once a cache is approved, anyone can view it, even if it is temporarily disabled. Someone might ignore the instructions on the cache page and disrupt your plans by visiting the cache early. Keep your cache private until your private event is over, and then submit it for approval by going back to the cache page and clicking on the link to "enable this cache" (found right below the name of the cache). The reviewer will then see your submission in the approval queue.