Etrex And Mapping Software?

urbanraven

I dunno if this is even possible, as I'm horribly new at this...

I would like to know if there is software available that will download routes and waypoint from my basic yellow Etrex, preferably laid over a topo map. Since the gps has a limited memory for storing routes, I'd love to be able to save them to my computer.

Thanks,

urbanraven

If you have the cable to communicate with your computer you can download Expertgps. This program you can try for free for about a month but then there is a roughly $50.00 charge to continue to use. You can move your waypoints, routes and tracks back and forth and map aerial maps and topo maps with it. There may be some free ones out there but not sure. I have the expertgps and I like it a lot.

murph

Don't forget DeLorme Topo 4.0. You can pick up a regional version (Southeast for example) for about $40 on eBay. In addition to a great map with 3D views, you can also generate an elevation profile from your tracks. Version 5.0 is coming out next month, so prices will drop.

Al P

Tallahassee, FL