Mapsource

sk8rdi16

Ok I just got my City Select and Bluechart in. I am using my brother's computer now, but I have an old Laptop in the mail for primary GPS use. So, can I put the CS and bluechart on this computer then take it off later and put it on my laptop? will Garmin allow me to unlock it twice, or can I just use the same unlock? I have really no idea how garmin unlocks the software.

Thanks for any advice,

I am very eager to get this stuff loaded!!!

Excellent!!! I just read in the license:

"You may:

Make one copy as backup

use a copy of the product on a home or protable computer if that copy is never loaded at the same time it is loaded on you primary computer"

so i guess that is a GO!!

Off to start navigating the world!!

Mapsource has a feature where you can save (backup) the unlock code(s) into a file that can be later "restored" on any other Mapsource installation. I have several family members with Garmin Vs, and we have created an all-in-one Mapsource unlock file that is now on everyone's computer. So when I visit a family member, I am able to use their copy of Mapsource to upload maps into my GPS because it has my unlock code already stored in it.

Nifty