Coded Waypoints?

GPSKitty

Hi all,

Even though I am new to this game, I can feel the beginning of the addiction already.

I read a bunch of stuff on geocaching.com, learning the lay of the land so to speak, trying not to look too dumb when I logged finds, etc. Figured out several of the abbreviations on my own before I even found the definition page. But there is something that still has me stumped, so here I am, begging for kindness from the veterans.

There is a cache listing with some type of coding for the 2nd waypoint and I can't begin to understand how to decipher it. I'm not asking for anyone to do the work for me, just please explain how to do it. I'm lost, wandering in the darkness.

---cut and pasted from the cache page---

"This is a multi cache. The waypoints are virtual. There used to be a final micro-cache with a logbook, but it is gone.

TO GET CREDIT FOR THIS ONE, PLEASE EMAIL ME THE DEDICATION DAY FOUND AT WAYPOINT TWO.

Waypoint One

N 34 04.597 W 118 15.616

Find a number in the following formula: ABCD-EFGH

Waypoint 2: N 34 0G.57(G+1) W AEB A5.6(F-2)(H+2) "

-------------------------------

Thanks in advance for any help. I can tell this is a great community of people.

GPSKitty

Shouldn't it be archived since the micro containing the logbook is missing? If you have to email the owner with an answer to a question, isn't that considered a Virtual???? Shouldn't the owner replace the final stage? And if they are not able to because of distance, is this not a vacation cache? Anybody have opinions on this? :)

Edited by Tiwica