Gpx Files

sk8rdi16

Ok, I am new to the .gpx files, just got my premium yesterday!! It is great by the way, ran two pocket queries so far!!

So, about the gpx, what exactly comes with the waypoints? The only I can get the notes in the 'field' paperless is with a PDA? I tried uploading the gpx file with 100 or so waypoints to my gpsmap 60C, but the note is only the cache name. I tried using GSAK, as I am a mac user, none of the mac programs where working for me. I told it to use smart names when I uploaded. I do have a Palm IIIxe with cacemate (trial). I would love to be able to easily use the 60 for all of my caching with out the palm. Is there a way??

Thanks for any hints or tips!!!

I use GSAK with my 60c and you can customize the notes that appear on the 60c (to a point). When you click export mapsource files, a box opens. The cache description format is the information that will appear in the note section of the 60c. I have mine set to display dif/ter, type of cache (trad.,multi,etc.), and container size (regular, micro). If you want to change your info, this will show you how. With the export mapsource file box open click help, then click on the cache description format box, a small white box will open with a link to "cache description format. That page will show you the different entries you can use to customize the format. Close the help screen and enter your choices in the cache description format box. When you export to mapsource, then upload to your 60c, your notes will be just like you want. Hope that helps! :lol: