Coordinate Search

Zareh

:unsure: I am having problems with my cache page. In the top right corner there is the option of having your home coordinates searched to find any caches in or near your area. Well my problem is that when I select that it comes up with no results, but if I search manually then all the caches near by will pop up. Has anyone had this problem? I have gone back to edit my profile and re-enter my home coordinates but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. B) Thanks!

~Zareh~

Have you entered your home coordinates on your account page? Go to My Cache Page and click on the link Change your account information in the upper right hand corner. Scroll down to Home Coordinates and hack in "you" numbers.

Good luck,

That's probably not the problem. Those links won't show up until you've entered the coordinates or a zip code. So obviously they're there.

Yes, I tried all that. My home coordinates are on my account page, and they are entered correctly (hddd mm.mm). Still nothing is being found by selecting “search for nearest caches from your home coordinates”, it comes up with “By Waypoint- From Origin: (then the coordinates that are on my account page) Sorry, no results were found for this search.” but if I enter the same coordinates manually, it comes up with all the caches in my area.

Edited by Zareh
it comes up with “By Waypoint- From Origin: (then the coordinates that are on my account page) Sorry, no results were found for this search.” but if I enter the same coordinates manually, it comes up with all the caches in my area.

Do the coordinates you have for your my cache page listed as N and W? If the coordinates show S or E then they would list no cache results since those coordinates are probably in one of the oceans.

Do the coordinates you have for your my cache page listed as N and W? If the coordinates show S or E then they would list no cache results since those coordinates are probably in one of the oceans.

Yes, the coordinates are labled with North and West. This is a tough one <_<

Edited by Zareh

Yes, the coordinates are labled with North and West. This is a tough one :D

You don't have anything like a degree symbol or spaces in there, do you?

You don't have anything like a degree symbol or spaces in there, do you?

No, I didn't put any symbols or spaces in the coordinates. I am positive they are correct, I have checked and re-entered them numerous times.

I think I will just contact Groundspeak and explain the situation to them. It seems like I am continually asked the same question over and over again, but in altered techniques. Sorry you all couldn’t help me, but thanks for trying.