Thanks For The Heads Up!

Rebel

Got my email today with a heads up from Groundspeak about the annual renewal of my membership. Unlike last year when it kinda came as a surprise, it was nice to hear about it in advance.

Thanks bunches, guys!

(How'd I do on the suckup meter?) :blink:

I liked the e-mail, just got mine recently too, but there is one thing that bugged me. The "If you set up your membership to be recurring, Paypal will send a payment automatically on" part. It's been a year, I can't remember IF I did the "auto-renewal" or the one-time paypal payment. Is there an easy way for me to check this? Would it be possible for the e-mails to be customized for those who did, and those who didn't to get different messages, telling them if they need do anything, or just make sure they have enough money in their account to cover the payment? Thanks.

How do I know if my account is recurring? I seldom remember last week let alone how I set up an account last year, or even worse two years back.

Edit: Oops, should read the entire thread first IV beat me to the question by a lot.

Edited by Laserman
It's been a year, I can't remember IF I did the "auto-renewal" or the one-time paypal payment. Is there an easy way for me to check this?

This is my fault.

When we started, I didn't split out the autorenew folks from the non autorenew. As a result, any charter members in the first year are the only ones I don't know whether they are recurring or not.

The new "my cache page" will give you the subscriber ID and renewal date, so you will know when it is coming. You'll have a separate tab that has all of your premium member features along with this additional data. You can then take your subscriber ID and visit PayPal.com to look up and double-check your renewal date.

At the same time, we're planning to accept credit cards in the future. Since we'll be handling the cards ourselves, we'll have all the data necessary to let you know whether it is set to autorenew.