Why Are My Images Not In Order?

Pharmadude

I just uploaded a numbered sequence of images to one of my caches, but when they come up on the cache page they are all out of order. Is there a way to avoid this? Is there a quick fix. If necessary, I could re-sort the applicable portion of the source code. If I were to do this, would an admin be willing to post it to the page for me? Here is the cache in question.

Pharmadude, unless something has changed, I don't think there is a fix nor explanation for this.

We had a fairly extensive topic about this a while back, I seem to recall someone (was it Rich in NEPA?) that did a series of experiments to figure out the order and came to the conclusion that it was random.

Jamie

[edit] A fix might be to [delete] the images (they aren't really deleted, but the links are removed from view. Then you could add your own HTML tags for links to the images in any order you want.

Edited by Jamie Z

Last week, I had to upload 13 photos in numerical order to my joke "Did Not Find" logs on this cache page. Note that the photos appear in correct numerical order, both on the cache page and when you click on them to go to the "slide show." It was important to me for the pictures to be in the right order, as I referred to them by number throughout my story.

Originally when I uploaded the photos in proper order, they did display in a random fashion on the cache page. BUT: the slideshow on my individual log page displayed them in the correct order, AND, a few days later, they miraculously sorted themselves into the proper order on the cache page itself, the way you see them now.