Travel Bug Clutter

TheNomad

I'm absolutely certain someone else has mentioned this before. I did a search (though it wasn't comprehensive), and I didn't see it immediately.

Here's the thing. The way that my travel bugs are displayed on my cache page makes me not want to collect travel bugs anymore. They take up so much space on the page, that it's really getting in the way. I'd rather see either:

a) A simple link that will take me to a list of the TB's I've found.

or

:o A drop-down list box and a button listing the TB's I've found.

Otherwise, the TB's are making my My Cache Page unusable.

What do you guys think?

You're right. This has been brought up before, although I'm not sure when or where.

I don't see what the problem is. It doesn't take very long to scroll down past the travel bug listings, unless you consider a tenth of a second as being too long. Yet you have decided not to pick up travel bugs anymore because of this? Is there another reason that you're not telling us about?

Besides, you missed a couple other options that have been mentioned:

1) Just show the last ten travel bugs, and "Click here for a complete list."

2) Have "My Cache Page" customizable. So you can put on it what you want and where you want it.

RichardMoore

I don't see what the problem is. It doesn't take very long to scroll down past the travel bug listings, unless you consider a tenth of a second as being too long. Yet you have decided not to pick up travel bugs anymore because of this? Is there another reason that you're not telling us about?

Not really. I just find it distracting. Several of the bugs I collected five months ago have large, wild and ugly fonts. Plus, it's not something I ever want to reference when I initially to to my cache page. The ones I'm currently holding, perhaps. But otherwise, no.

I'll have to agree with thenomad here. Once you get 70 or 80 of these guys hanging up there it is no longer a tenth of a second. I like your idea about showing the ones you are holding currently with a link to your tb history.

The Nomad, I apologize for accidentally emailing this post you instead of posting here.