Sorting Search Results

jillian

after searching for caches by a zip code, it would be nice to be able to sort the results d/t, or last found...

I'm relatively new-- this might be a subject that's been broached already, and shot down. <_<

Edited by jillian
after searching for caches by a zip code, it would be nice to be able to sort the results d/t, or last found...

I'm relatively new-- this might be a subject that's been broached already, and shot down. :rolleyes:

I'd use Watcher, as Stunod suggested, but I don't sort my caches. I go for the close ones first, or if I'm going to a particular area I'll see how challenging the nearby caches are. I see no reason to run around town looking for 1/1 caches one day and 2/2 caches the next. If they're close to each other, I'll get them all

It's just a suggestion/question...

as to why people would want to sort them- some simply can't handle the more advance ones because of physical limitations, children caching or just simply want a quick easy cache. As for sorting by date, I think sometimes it might be nice to see the ones that haven't been found in awhile...

You can customize a pocket query to filter out the ones you don't want. I'm also working on Pocket Queries now where you can execute them in real time on the nearest cache page.

Because search results can be as large as 2000 results, I limit the amount of data you can filter to keep the load on the servers down. Once we can set up a server farm I'll start opening up more filtering options. In the meantime pocket queries (GPX files) do a great job with outside applications.