Waypoint Near A Multi Stage

Lafrog

Are you meaning a parking coordinate for both caches that are the same? I only ask because if one's a regular and the other is a multi then only the multi would need a starting point. As far as i know a leg of a multi is ok near a regular cache. We have a couple here like that by 2 different cachers. I hope this helps.

B) I'm planning two caches,about a half mile apart. The starting point for both is the same spot. If I make one a 'multi',and the other a regular, can I use a mid-waypoint to the regular nearer than .10 to a stage in the multi?

I'm not sure what your question is but I'll give it a go.

If they both start at the same place then they would be a single multi-cache and not 1 multi and 1 regular. A regular cache has only one set of coordinates.

The different stages of a multi do not have to be a minimum of .1 mile apart. Different caches do need to be that far apart. The approvers will request the coordinates of each stage to verify the seperation distance for each stage from any other cache in the area.

Hope this helps,

John

B) I'm planning two caches,about a half mile apart. The starting point for both is the same spot. If I make one a 'multi',and the other a regular, can I use a mid-waypoint to the regular nearer than .10 to a stage in the multi?

As long as it isn't so close to the physical cache (or another waypoint in a multi) you should be ok. By too close, I mean not within 100 feet or so as someone with poor GPS reception may find the wrong one by mistake. Keeping caches 0.1 miles apart prevents cache saturation and stumbling upon the 'wrong' cache.

I have seen waypoints to 2 multis within feet of each other before. One was a small container, the other was written on a fence-post. The cache description made it clear which was which though.

as long as they're not too close i would think they're ok. it would also depend what you're using for the leg of the multi. a micro type container just listing the coordinates and nothing else as opposed to a tupperware or some other type of container with answers to a question. the micro would probably be fine but the tupperware could confuse someone whose gps might be off by say 100 feet. i hope this helps.