Old Geocache Name

St.Brendan

DigiFerret is correct. If you own the existing account and just want to change its name, go ahead. Your logs will update the next time that each cache page regenerates. Your history stays with the account regardless of the name change.

If, on the other hand, your former partner is still caching under the old account, just create a new account and re-log all of the finds, being sure to adjust the date for each log. Include a sentence saying something like "Found before as part of a team and now logging this find separately since I just set up this account." This will let the cache owner know why there are finds showing up from several months back.

DigiFerret is correct. If you own the existing account and just want to change its name, go ahead. Your logs will update the next time that each cache page regenerates. Your history stays with the account regardless of the name change.

If, on the other hand, your former partner is still caching under the old account, just create a new account and re-log all of the finds, being sure to adjust the date for each log. Include a sentence saying something like "Found before as part of a team and now logging this find separately since I just set up this account." This will let the cache owner know why there are finds showing up from several months back.

OK that is what I was thinking of doing, transfering each post, there are only about ten, the other person does not geocache.