My Gps V Accuracy Is Way Off - What Happened?

When I bought my GPS V it was so accurate. the routing directions were great - no complainits.

I have continually updated the firware through Garmin and the Mapsourse CD for City Select.

Th unit is so bad now. I can drive 1/4 mile off route and it will not tell me I am off route. The directions are for crap now. When I try to route somewhere, it rarely tells me when to turn, etc. (This is hit and miss - sometimes it does, other times it doesn't). The unit will also lock-up and get stuck on a map.

Question: Are the updates screwing this thing up? As I type I decided to toos out all the updates from Mapsource and use my roiginal mapping CD.

What's going on? It use to work great. How do I make it accurate again?

Thanks.

Joe

When you refer to "accuracy" are you referring to the Estimated Position Error "Location Accuracy" listed on the Satellite Location screen? Or, are you referring the the GPS's ability to keep you on track with autorouting? Are you losing reception in areas with large buildings or lots of tree cover?

If your Location Accuracy is anywhere around 50 feet or less, your GPS is working fine and the problem likely lies in the software.

Do you have the "auto-recalculate" option turned on? Auto-recalculate will make a new route for you if you get off course while using auto-routing.

If that doesn't work, try going back one or two versions on the firmware and see if that solves your problem.