Question About The Etrex Legend

I've been reading about Geocaching for some time, and am interested in giving it a try. To help get started, I gave myself a Garmin eTrex Legend for Christmas! I'm still learning the features...so far all I've done is sit out on the porch with it a couple of times (weather permitting) to let it orient itself to the satellites, and play with some of the features.

I've seen the accessory CDs, the one with street maps, and the one with topo maps. Are they worth the purchase if the primary use will be geocaching? FYI, I live in a small town (pop. ~5000) in a fairly rural, mountainous area (far southwestern VA), and would be doing most of my searching locally, at least at first.

Thanks!

We started with a new Legend a few weeks ago. Loaded Mapsource Topo maps from the area into it before we ventured out for the first cache. I really like having this map program, not just on the GPS, but on the PC also. Makes it real handy to download a group of waypoints (I use EasyGPS and EasyMPS) plot them on a map, then plan an afternoon's drive to cover the most ground and caches.

Edited by SoonerKat