Cheap Gpsr In Orlando

yotogi

not sure if this is the place to post this, but since i got such a good deal on my first GPSr, i thought i would give it a shot. no offense taken if the moderator needs to remove this post or whatnot.

went looking for my first GPSr yesterday and ended up in a best buy of all places. turns out, they currently are running a $30 mail in rebate for the SporTrak Map units. in addition it turns out that the Altamonte Springs store has 2 (had 3, i got one of 'em) open box ones that they are taking 20% off of in addition to the rebate. one looked to have a scratch on the face, the other looked like it never left the box, although i imagine that it did.

all told i was able to get this $200 (MSRP) GPSr for $130 ($200 - $30 rebate - $40 open box). considering that the yellow eTrex is $120 there and didn't include the data cable or mapping, i thought it was a steal.

happy caching,

yotogi

went looking for my first GPSr yesterday and ended up in a best buy of all places. turns out, they currently are running a $30 mail in rebate for the SporTrak Map units.

I am very happy with my SportTrak Map. Don't let people tell you that you should have got this or that or especially a Garmin. Use what you got, learn about what you got and it will work just as good as the others. Now spend the money if you don't already have one and get a PDA (or Palm if you have to) and get things hooked up so you can go paperless. It's the only way to dash ;)

a lot of retailers sell the yellow etrex for $99.99 but for what you got you did get a good bargain as the Sportrak is worth the 30 bucks more than the yellow etrex. And you get the PC cable with the sportrak map, a basemap, and a larger display over the yellow. You did well.

Have fun and enjoy your unit!

Cheers,

Blake

And you get the PC cable with the sportrak map, a basemap, and a larger display over the yellow. You did well.

this is exactly what i was thinking. even if you get the $99.99 price on the eTrex, you have to buy the cable ($10) and you will never get mapping on the unit. just wanted to share this as there were the two other ones there.

went out today for the first time in the orlando area and have to say that i really like this GPSr. little button heavy on the interface (especially with the new firmware) but even my non-tech savy significant other was getting the hang of it before too long.

with the fun she seemed to be having, a second GPSr might be in our future, or i will never get to play with the one we have.

yotogi

Edited by yotogi