Ngs

Dragonpearl

In case others are wondering, go to this page to file a report with NGS.

For agency code you may use either GEOCAC or INDIV.

Be sure to read the very helpful document that explains the process, including the submission of photographs.

Please remember that, unlike the logs posted on the geocaching.com site, reports to the NGS are official, permanent records that are used by surveying professionals and others who need accurate information. Please, be very careful and, when in doubt, I would recommend you do not submit a report. In my view, better to remain silent that possibly contribute misleading or incorrect information to this important information repository.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to emulate the prose style of the descriptions and recovery reports, but it's not necessarily a good thing, either. As a professional journalist I feel compelled to note that as writers, many of the authors of these notes are excellent surveyors. ;-) Feel free to write plainly, clearly, simply.

Having said that, I presume it is particularly useful to submit reports when (1) there has been no report on a given PID in a decade or more, or (2) if you are really, really sure that you have found a particular benchmark that was previously reported as not found, or (3) you are really, really sure that a benchmark has been destroyed.

Having said that, I presume it is particularly useful to submit reports when (1) there has been no report on a given PID in a decade or more, or (2) if you are really, really sure that you have found a particular benchmark that was previously reported as not found, or (3) you are really, really sure that a benchmark has been destroyed.

(4) When the description is badly outdated such as referencing things that are no longer there.