Mac OS 10.2 G4 and Software Help

Mrs Mad dog

You will be able to find software that will allow you to tranfer data (waypoint, route, track point) from your GPS to your Mac and vice versa.

If you want to load more detailed map to your Garmin you will need to buy Garmin's propriatary software and it only works on Windows and they don't have any plan to support Mac.

Also to upgrade the firmware of you GPS when a new version is released you will also need a PC. Since there is only a couple of firmware update every year and it only take 5 minutes to do, you can go to a friend house, office of Kinko's.

You can also use Virtual PC to emulate a PC and run Garmin's software. It can be a pain sometime.

I am writing a program for OSX to send maps to gamin GPSrs. It works but the user interface is a long way from being done. Even when it is done you will still require map data from Garmin so the windows version of their software will still be needed.

I am also planing on making a tool to flash rom upgrades.

But Virtual PC and MapSource is about your only current option, unless you have access to a PeeCee to load your maps. And loading maps isn't something you do often once they are loaded. Especially on a 60cs due to it's large memory

Everything else can be done on your Mac.

I am writing a program for OSX to send maps to gamin GPSrs. It works but the user interface is a long way from being done. Even when it is done you will still require map data from Garmin so the windows version of their software will still be needed.

I am also planing on making a tool to flash rom upgrades.

But Virtual PC and MapSource is about your only current option, unless you have access to a PeeCee to load your maps. And loading maps isn't something you do often once they are loaded. Especially on a 60cs due to it's large memory

Everything else can be done on your Mac.

Wow, this sounds great! Let me know if you need any beta testers, hehe :o