Help A Newbie!?

Okay, I'll just come out and admit to being an idiot!

I bought a garmin geko 201 for myself for Christmas. I can figure it out okay, but the manual talks nothing about downloading info from the PC. I thought I would be able to download topographical maps, streets, etc. Was I expecting too much? If it's possible, how do I do it? :unsure: Gee, I don't even see a way to enter coordinates! help!

Okay, I'll just come out and admit to being an idiot!

I bought a garmin geko 201 for myself for Christmas. I can figure it out okay, but the manual talks nothing about downloading info from the PC. I thought I would be able to download topographical maps, streets, etc. Was I expecting too much? If it's possible, how do I do it? :unsure: Gee, I don't even see a way to enter coordinates! help!

Ok, first of all, take a deep breath and relax. In order to load maps into your GPS, you'll have to purchase the software (I know, that's not what you really wanted to hear). Garmin makes a good line of software for their units, MapSource Topo, Streets and Highways, etc. Go to the Garmin website and browse around for the right software for your unit. Keep reading the manual, there is a way to enter coordinates. I'm not familiar with the 201, but had a 101 a while back. Hold down the select button, and mark a waypoint, then toggle through the screen to the coordinates shown, select them, and enter your own with the on-screen keyboard.

Hope this helps a little. B)