Cables For Your Ique

paul.blitz

Now that CacheMate for the iQue supports the ability to send waypoints down to your GPSr, you'll need a serial cable to plug into your GPS cable.

I got mine via eBay from www.morpethmobiles.co.uk The connector is a good positive fit to the iQue, and has a button on it to release it.... and it cost me only £4.75 plus a quid for the p&p!

The cable is one with a "universal palm connector" on it. This is the sort of connector used on Palm T-series, M500 series, M125/M130 etc. (note that it is NOT the one used on the older palm III / IV / V etc).

The cable has a FEMALE D-type on it: that mneans you need either a 9-9way crossover, or you need to rewire it. Personally, I cut off the d-type, and put on a pfranc plug! If anyone else wants one of these, but isn't up to making it, let me know and I'll try & help.

I've also suggested to Morpeth that they might like to consider having some of the palm - garmin cables made up.

Paul