iQue SD Card

I recently started having problems with BackupMan when trying to back up to the SanDisk 256 SD card on a Garmin iQue, I then down loaded the latest version of BackupMan and the same problem-error (0x2909). I then noticed that there was some quirks in the maps and some games aren't working right. I did a couple of soft resets, one hard reset still same problem. I then reformated the card and still got the error. I contacted gpscity about the card and there tech person said that the iQue has had a history of corrupting files and Garmin had come out with a new patch that was supposed to improve the problems related to SD cards. The new patch is -Release 2 Patch 1 which came out Dec. 5 (couldn't find on Garmins software update page). I downloaded the new version, reformated the card again and still the same error with BackupMan. I'm wondering if the card has been ruined or if I'm doing something wrong that keeps getting this error. Thanks, Jack

Edited by Twowackywhits

I'd try to get a new SD card. Hopefully not a SanDisk (they have a history of going bad--or at least you hear that because there are SO many out there!), but if you get another one, chances are it'll be fine.

Honestly though, if you can get another brand, like Panasonic or a Lexar (made in Japan, not the China ones), you'll be pleased with the increased speed you'll get from these cards. Particularly helpful in searching waypoints, accessing maps on the card, route computing, etc. It makes a big difference, and the regular SanDisk cards are just too slow compared to the Panasonics.

Good luck.

Panasonic SD cards are awesome. After I sold my iQue (still miss it!), I dropped the Sandisk SD out of my iPaq and put in a Panasonic. Mapopolis runs a ton better and file acquisition is a lot faster. That's the last Sandisk SD I'll ever buy. Now I just use it for backup, holding install files in the event I need to reload them. :mad: