Europe!

Greetings all and sundry fellow Geocachers! My lady and I are finally in a position to take a trip to Europe!!!! We are terribly excited and hope to do a little geocaching while there. We will be in Stuttgart/Pforzheim/Karlsruhe area aug22-25, London from 25 to 29august and Krk, Croatia from the 29th august to 5th sept. I've got a million questions!

I'd love to place a cache over there but I don't think customs would take kindly to ammo cans. How difficult is it to find them for sale over there? How about the plastic tupperware-type containers? What kind of things should I leave in it that would represent america in a good way? Is there public access to the internet? Here in the states you can just walk into any library and get on for free. Are there any particularly good caches you can recommend in those areas?

Reply here for sure, but could you also email me directly? pe11inore(at)aol.com and also eerb(at)solarishs.org Thank you very much!! Peace

King Pellinore

Tupperware (or similar) you can get everywhere.

There are many internet cafés around.

To represent America, I would say a thick pile of Jacksons sounds nice... icon_biggrin.gif

Make a search for caches near the area where you intend to stay.

If you want to read about MetroGuide Europe (although I don't know if you use a Garmin?), you can do it here.

Anders

Tupperware (or similar) you can get everywhere.

There are many internet cafés around.

To represent America, I would say a thick pile of Jacksons sounds nice... icon_biggrin.gif

Make a search for caches near the area where you intend to stay.

If you want to read about MetroGuide Europe (although I don't know if you use a Garmin?), you can do it here.

Anders

I've planted several caches in Europe (Ireland, Paris and Turkey, to be exact) and in such far off places as Canada. I recommend using a pill bottle, either perscription or over the counter. Most people have them lying around. They make good, durable, compact containers that customs won't even notice. As to the contents: American coins, a wheres george dollar, (its amazing to see where they turn up) some souveniers of the kind you find at the airport gift shop, an American flag, in pin or cloth form, and something from your American neck of the woods. (For me, as a NYer, it was a metrocard) If you are really in a fix for containers, just use your film canisters. You can fit a logbook, where's george, coins and some other small prize in there easily enough, and they are especially good for urban caching. See my An American Geocacher in____ for more details

It's an inside joke icon_wink.gif

I've planted several caches in Europe (Ireland, Paris and Turkey, to be exact) and in such far off places as Canada. I recommend using a pill bottle, either perscription or over the counter. Most people have them lying around. They make good, durable, compact containers that customs won't even notice. As to the contents: American coins, a wheres george dollar, (its amazing to see where they turn up) some souveniers of the kind you find at the airport gift shop, an American flag, in pin or cloth form, and something from your American neck of the woods. (For me, as a NYer, it was a metrocard) If you are really in a fix for containers, just use your film canisters. You can fit a logbook, where's george, coins and some other small prize in there easily enough, and they are especially good for urban caching. See my An American Geocacher in____ for more details

It's an inside joke icon_wink.gif