Neck mount for eTrex???

quote:
Originally posted by Owenses:

Anyone else know where there is such a thing?

Dean

No, but it sounds like a useful idea. It might look a little bit strange though, but hey... we're all geeks anyhow - so who cares!

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Think I'll just stick with the suction cup mount stuck to my forehead, litle more discreet...

That one is great.. but I can't read the display now.. So second tought would be adding a mirror so you can read the GPS display icon_razz.gif

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Think I'll just stick with the suction cup mount stuck to my forehead, litle more discreet...

That one is great.. but I can't read the display now.. So second tought would be adding a mirror so you can read the GPS display icon_razz.gif

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

quote:
Originally posted by irresisti:

But besure to carry one mirror in each hand one to reflect the GPS on your head the other to reverse the image again to read it. icon_smile.gif

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:
Originally posted by irresisti:

But besure to carry one mirror in each hand one to reflect the GPS on your head the other to reverse the image again to read it. icon_smile.gif

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:

I would have thought by now there would be a neck mount for an eTrex; sorta like a parachuter's altimeter. I now use a RamMount eTrex clip on a bent coat hanger.

Cool hands free for climbing and clawing through the bush. then one false step and AHHGGGGG!!!

I can see the headline now

"Mysterious coathanger strangler at large. Apperent motives a dislike of GPSR and thier users."

icon_smile.gif

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:

I would have thought by now there would be a neck mount for an eTrex; sorta like a parachuter's altimeter. I now use a RamMount eTrex clip on a bent coat hanger.

Cool hands free for climbing and clawing through the bush. then one false step and AHHGGGGG!!!

I can see the headline now

"Mysterious coathanger strangler at large. Apperent motives a dislike of GPSR and thier users."

icon_smile.gif

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

There will never be a neck mount for a hiking tool such as the etrex. For safety reasons, you don't want to slip, fall, and pierce your neck. Anyways, do you really have to keep your eye on the navigation arrow at all times? With your head down all the time, you might find yourself not paying attention to the trails, and will end up lost. Always remember that if you should have a failure with your gps unit, you must become unlost without it. You want to keep your head up and enjoy the outdoors. Here's some tips: Attach the gps lanyard to your pack with a caribiner. Get the general direction, then shove the unit in your pocket and hike without it. If you're recording tracks, then you'll want the unit always facing the sky. It will be just fine sitting on top of your shoulder. I fashioned a harness which clips to my daypack shoulder strap. Velcro, rubber, or a metal clip will all do fine. When you think you're getting close, then you can unclip it, or just look at your shoulder. I would highly suggest the shoulder mount method, because it is safe, out of the way, yet easily accessible when you need it. Hiking with your head up is the smartest thing to do when you're in the wilderness, and you get a different feeling about nature by not staring at that navigation arrow.

A GPS'r, with a quadrifiler antenna built into lightweight goggles with a heads-up display showing all the cool metrics superimposed on an uncluttered topo map, driven by an onboard navigation computer. Voice activated controls with audable prompts working in conjunction with a video component with night vision capabilities. Fresh realtime updates and queries from geocaching.com via wireless internet. All remote data is recorded by at your home-based computer so you can relive the excitement of the hunt again and again. icon_cool.gif

Oh, and one of those TEAM-5OH Solar Power hats to power it all. icon_wink.gif

Has the Cybercacher has arrived?

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

[This message was edited by Cachier on July 10, 2002 at 06:08 AM.]

A GPS'r, with a quadrifiler antenna built into lightweight goggles with a heads-up display showing all the cool metrics superimposed on an uncluttered topo map, driven by an onboard navigation computer. Voice activated controls with audable prompts working in conjunction with a video component with night vision capabilities. Fresh realtime updates and queries from geocaching.com via wireless internet. All remote data is recorded by at your home-based computer so you can relive the excitement of the hunt again and again. icon_cool.gif

Oh, and one of those TEAM-5OH Solar Power hats to power it all. icon_wink.gif

Has the Cybercacher has arrived?

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

[This message was edited by Cachier on July 10, 2002 at 06:08 AM.]