Oh Canada GOLD

Guest 300mag

hoohoooo Just a little post to congratulate all Canadians for the hockey Gold medal.

Congratulations to the USA for the silver this was a nice game. Now all Canadians are partying icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Guest Lazyboy

Ref played no factor in the game and no one will complain about him. He's an NHL and international Ref and one of the best ever. The same Ref was in the US and Russia game, the ones where they whined about officiating.

Of course the Russians getting outshot by Americans 33-5 at one point may have been a bigger factor than the ref *S*.

Guest GLSailor

Congratulations to the Canadians for an excellent game! They deserved the medal and won it fair and square by simply playing better hockey.

As an American who started playing hockey in Canada many, many years ago, I can appreciate the acheivement from both sides.

Go Canada!

GLSailor

Guest JAMCC47

Congratulations to our "Northern Brothers"

Its your sport, you deserve the Gold!!

I'll have a "MOLSON" in their honor. And my Canadian Grandmother would just love this one. Anybody who didn't like that ref should get the puck out of here.

------------------

JoseCanUSea

quote:
Originally posted by DisQuoi:

Was the referee french?

Sorry Dis Quoi if you did not appreciate the game but: non l'arbitre n,etait pas francais

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 24 February 2002).]

Guest Lazyboy

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

Thank you all. Your good sports

icon_smile.gif

Thank you for noticing. Have you noticed that the Americians are sober tonight? I

have a feeling the same can't be said for those above the border this evening icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy:

Thank you for noticing. Have you noticed that the Americians are sober tonight? I

have a feeling the same can't be said for those above the border this evening icon_smile.gif

HEHEHE that was a good one Lazyboy you made me laughed icon_biggrin.gif

Guest DisQuoi

quote:
Originally posted by tak1:

What difference does it make, Canada still won.

I was alluding to the french judge who sold her vote to the skating federation. I stopped watching the olympics after that since I wasn't convinced that they weren't corrupted. But I'm certain it was a good game and that canada deserved the gold. My comment was a stab at the olympics ... not canadians.

Je reconnais que j'ai eu tort de la demander.

Guest LoCache

I enjoyed the game, and the Canadians DEFINITELY deserved the Gold! They were skating circles around us. I am just glad the top two medals went to Canada/US...I am American, and my wife is Canadian, so I have a great love for both countries....the only bad part is having to listen to my wife rub it in. ;-)

Congrats, Canada!

Geo

Guest JAMCC47

Hey 300 Mag I have hooked up my spigot are you ready to download that "Molsons" Until then I'll just have to sip on some good CANADIAN WHISKEY.

------------------

JoseCanUSea

My .02

I think it was all about heart. The US team played their hearts out against the Russians, because that was who they really wanted to beat.

The Canadians played their hearts out against the US, particularly in the 3rd period. At that level of quality of skating, it's all about heart.

Congratulations to all. It was heart-pounding for us spectators, too.

Now, here's to wishing that the NHL was as fun to watch...

[This message has been edited by tenami (edited 25 February 2002).]

Guest mrgigabyte

quote:
Will someone just put a Canadian Gold Medal in a cache and let an American go find it?

Keep your eyes open for the soon to be released Canadian Geocoins... coming to a cache near you!

Hey there mrgigabyte,, things got pretty hush,hush on the canadian messgae board... I've been wondering about the progress of the coins... I will keep my open... Congratulations to the U.S.A. men & womens hockey teams on a job well done icon_smile.gif .... and you are right,, it is our game icon_wink.gif

cdn04proud.jpg

Just posting here to see if that will correct the "last post" date. The move from the old forums gave this thread a date of 2025, so it keeps popping to the top.

As for the topic at hand, congratulations to our neighbors to the north! I have friends and in-laws in Calgary, so I have a connection to Canada! Can't wait for my next trip up.

Jon (Moun10Bike)

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

My Geocaching Home Page

Guest 300mag

Very good comments . I also love both countries a lot and I am very happy to see the two top medals to Canada and USA.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 25 February 2002).]