Iss there an index of "anywhere" virtual caches, like "find a displaced pyramid"?

GeoXPO

I noticed recently that someone in my area (Sacramento) found 11 caches in 2 days in places like Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Georgia. I was skeptical, until I examined the finds and realized the cache asked seekers to identify a type of landmark in any location and log the location. Is there a listing of these, or some sort of search that would help find them?

Those are referred to as locationless caches, or sometimes reverse caches. There is a way to get a list: Go to a cache page, click on the Find Nearby Caches link; on that results page will be a small link just above the list that says "Also search for [locationless caches]" Click on that and you'll get a complete list (251 as of this writing).

There seems to be real mixed feelings about this kind of cache. Some like 'em and some loath 'em. Some seem to feel it's not true to the original spirit of the game - finding something hidden when given its coordinates. Other enjoy just playing with their GPS receivers and enjoy the intellectual challenges of locationless caches as much as the physical (and intellectual) challenges of the other kind of pursuit.

I like them both; I've done a couple dozen in my nearly 100 finds. But then I like hunting benchmarks, too, and not everyone does. I usually do those just by the description, no GPS.

Variety is what makes life interesting, n'est ce pa?

Question for the new millenium: "What If the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about?"