Multi-Cache exist using internet, phone, email etc?

Paul Ag

Does this concept exist yet?

I was thinking about creating a multi-cache that sends you to a microcache with a web address inside which when logged on to will give you the address to the next cache site. The next cache site will be a another micro with a phone number inside which when called goes to a answer machine with the next cache address. The next to an email address, maybe then a pager, then the real deal. It is like that game Majestic.

On the same issue, has anyone done a cache to a real person or business that provides the next cache coordinates if asked? It would be hard to set up but if it worked it would freak people out. Just wondering.

Personally, that would be rather frustrating. If I went to College Station (for example) with the intent of geocaching, (like we are July 4 and 5,) and started that cache, I couldn't finish it unless I had access to a computer. I don't mind multi's, but I would rather it be a multi I can complete in one trip. When we drive to Austin to geocache (about 20 - 30 miles), we try to get several caches in one day, and don't usually want to do one that would require several trips to complete.

That is my opinion and experience, but others might enjoy it, so don't let me put you off. I am merely expressing my opinion. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Moore9KSUcats:

Personally, that would be rather frustrating. If I went to College Station (for example) with the intent of geocaching, (like we are July 4 and 5,) and started that cache, I couldn't finish it unless I had access to a computer. . icon_wink.gif

I did not think about out of towners. I guess I will warn them this may take a few days to complete. That should be fair.