Cache In, trash out

Have I missed this idea? Or has this been nixed at some point?

If we're really in favor of cache in, trash out,, shouldn't we be recommending to cache hiders that one of the things they put in their cache is a small roll of trash bags? that and a small note saying please take one, and clean up on your way out.

Just a suggestion.

Please look above your post (near the top of this page) at the "search" button.

Click on that and type in "cache in, trash out". I would type in some of the links to threads that have covered this to death, but there are far too many to list in a post.

Word: always good to search for other similar topics before posting. Keep yourself from being considered an "R.H." (ask Choberiba or Mopar).

Hey! Speaking of... has anyone heard from Mopar lately? He doesn't write and he doesn't send me flowers anymore....

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

It's not whether or not you pick your nose that matters, but where you put the booger...

done that.

And this is the first I've seen it mentioned in the forums. Just because it's been talked about in the past, doesn't mean that those of us that are newer to the sport have seen the discussions. Good ideas should be rehashed occasionally.

Thanks for mentioning it.

--- Two paths diverged in a wood, and my... my GPSr pointed dead center between them. ---

I agree that it is a good idea to include trash bags in your caches if the location needs trash extraction. A number of caches do this and I have seen it discussed in the past. This is an important topic, however, and I don't see the harm in it being dredged back up on occassion.

Does anyone know what R.H. stands for? I would do a search, but I don't feel like it.

We do something similar to that. One of the signature items that we leave in caches are trash bags. Some we put in snack size ziploc bags, others we have stuffed into empty film canisters. We put a label on them asking people to take one and trash out if they saw trash on the way in.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

While I don't include trash bags in my caches, I do include reminders on my cache page encouraging people to bring a bag to cache in and trash out. I make a point of doing some clean up myself around my cache sites. I also take along small trash bags in my pack for trash patrol at cache sites I visit. Here's a couple pictures of my kids picking up trash at one of the cache sites we visited recently.

341911_300.jpg

341911_400.jpg

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

Hey! Speaking of... has anyone heard from Mopar lately? He doesn't write and he doesn't send me flowers anymore....

----------

Lori aka: _RedwoodRed_

I'm still alive, just been working MEGA-hours the last 3 months. I'm usually idle in the chat room if anyone cares, just private msg/query/dcc chat me or something to get my attention.

Just for you:

jfs3228.jpg

Illegitimus non carborundum!