Geocaching Evangelism

lohroffc

Well I'm very proud and pleased to announce that as of today I have 5 Geocaching converts. This is a great hobby that we all share and it is such a thrill when I share it with others who become as excited about it as I am. I look forward to Spring when I am hoping to get many more people introduced to our sport.

dyslexics of the world, untie.

quote:
Originally posted by ron50eli:

We were there before too! Then we hit 50. Yeaaaa.

Now we have about 80. Very low. Most around here have 200, 300, 4-500.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you misunderstood Cache_Cows post. He is saying that he has converted 5 people over to geocaching. He already has 65 caches found.

RM

Now I have to deal with 5 more people trying to get the first find.Dont tell any more people its hard enough as it is with all these retired peole with gps and jeeps around here!!Well actually I'm just kidding .You did warn them about possible side effects of geocaching though didnt you?What theres side effects you say???Dont take my word for it but you might want to check this link to see for your self.There wasnt anything about this listed in the disclamer.

Two who have definitley joined the forces so to speak. One friend was given a GPSr for Xmas and while I was out of town called me twice to go geocaching, a foot of snow on the ground not stopping him, the other one logged a no find on my own cache and also met two other geocachers on the hunt! I don't even know if he has a GPSr or not, but I e-mailed him to let him know I have a yellow Garmin available for sale. Any takers?

So out of all the people I've taken geocaching, two are definitely into it.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

Now all we got to do is set up a tent, get Jeremy up in the pulpit, and start passing the hat...

We will all be able to get some cool geoswag then, while sending the converts out singing the praise of the Cache!

I can see it now...

"You are afflicted my Friend? You can be saved! Yes! With faith in the Cache you can be SAVED! Let me lay this Yellow Etrex on you! Hallelujah! You will be saved! You will be saved from hours of drudgery and toil at work! You will be saved from idling your life away in front of the demon television! Praise the Cache!

I can see the spirit coming to you now! The distance to the promised land is decreasing to within the EPE! Hallelujah my friends! Can you feel it? Can you feel the power of the Cache? Now is the time of the blessing! The Distance to salvation is Zero! You are walking upon hollowed ground! Can you feel it my son? Yes! Yes! That’s it. All praise the Cache! In the Cache’s eyes we are all one! Hallelujah! You have come here and you have been SAVED! Praise the Cache! Look upon the Cache and you can see the many wonders! Feel the spirit of the Cache and you will be renewed in the light of the LCD! The Cache loves you my son! Throw down the walking stick, put out of your life the evil McToys, put behind you the dirty and misbegotten old golf balls, harken to the word of the almighty and ever lasting CACHE! You are healed, you have chosen to walk the path of the Cache! Glory Be! Hallelujah! Amen!”

(Quick, someone pass the hat....)

66427_2800.gif