How to use a Pocket PC and GPS

ArkansasDawg

I am new to this, but have had a Garmin etrex for awhile along with a HP Jornada Pocket PC. I am not certain how to use the Pocket PC with Geocaching. Details please... How do I load the info that I find on a geocache that I have searched for into my pocket pc? Do I need to join so that I can download in Mobipocket (or its equivalent for the Pocket PC). Do you download maps using Pocket streets.

I am obviously looking for some details on the day to day integration of the Pocket PC into Geocaching. Thanks, this has been great fun

I have a similar setup (Magellan 315 and Compaq PC). If you search under the topic: "Looking for topo software for pocket PC", there's some discussion about ExpertGPS coming out with a PC version in early 2003 (other software too)(sorry, I'm not knowledgable enough to link you directly icon_wink.gif I've been using the trial version of ExpertGPS and like it a lot to communicate with my GPS. I've also been using the MobiPocket to download to my handheld although I don't have the two (GPS and Handheld communicating with each other yet...) I tried Mapquest using AvantGo (from the link above) for my handheld and was disappointed (but I don't have an internet connection on my handheld either). So for the time being I have my waypoints on the GPS, my cache descriptions on the handheld and I'm still printing the topos icon_frown.gif

We're planning a trip to Florida this spring so I'm hoping to have the new software and to have it figured out by then icon_cool.gif

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

migo_sig_logo.jpg