Level 5 caches require $$ items??

Guest seward

Guest seward

I am planning to place a number of L5 caches. Do you think that increased difficulty demands more expensive items in the cache, or can we stick with the idea of "the hunt is the real reward" like I do for more easily reached caches? Let me know.

Guest CiXeL

I like the idea of more expensive caches but i dont think necessarily all more difficult caches should require expensive items traded. I am REALLY fascinated by the idea of underwater or floating caches. Perhaps with a radio beacon on it so you could locate it with triangulation? Or having to snorkel for a underwater geocache off palos verdes, ca would rule.

Guest cache_ninja

i think, if there ever were a cache for more expensive items, it would be a level 5 cache. this is simply becuase there is a much smaller chance of it getting pilfered by random people accidently finding it, as opposed to a level 1 cache. this is not to say you need to put expensive stuff in a 5, but in my opinion, if you were to ever consider doing it, i would do it with a 5.

c/n

Guest fiser

I'd hunt for an L5 regardless of the loot, but I agree with N|nJa that if you were ever going to leave some serious prize, I'd do it with an L5.

I think emphasizing the reward aspect of the game encourages hunters at the expense of hiders. Like you said, the hunt is the real reward.

[This message has been edited by fiser (edited 03-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fiser (edited 03-08-2001).]