Will Park Service join?

Ltljon

I was wondering the same thing. Luckily, many of the ranger services are run by the state. As a result their budgets are controlled by state beuracrats. More likely than not, it will take a political marathon for a ranger to get the $30 expense approved until the need for the expenditure has been determined. (by folks who dont understand the request in the first place)

That being said, I am sure if there are anti-geocache contingents out there..eventually they will put in the $$$ to get the rest of the caches.

What a way to bring a lot of people down icon_frown.gif

I was wondering the same thing. Luckily, many of the ranger services are run by the state. As a result their budgets are controlled by state beuracrats. More likely than not, it will take a political marathon for a ranger to get the $30 expense approved until the need for the expenditure has been determined. (by folks who dont understand the request in the first place)

That being said, I am sure if there are anti-geocache contingents out there..eventually they will put in the $$$ to get the rest of the caches.

What a way to bring a lot of people down icon_frown.gif

I want to see them try the 7-leg multi-cache I'm about to create. It'll be funny when they get there and find out that the final point is actually a virtual cache. icon_smile.gif

(I almost want to have a cache-cam there so I can see the frustration on their face after they've searched for several hours not to have anything to steal -- err -- I mean "remove"...)

JM-99

I want to see them try the 7-leg multi-cache I'm about to create. It'll be funny when they get there and find out that the final point is actually a virtual cache. icon_smile.gif

(I almost want to have a cache-cam there so I can see the frustration on their face after they've searched for several hours not to have anything to steal -- err -- I mean "remove"...)

JM-99

I was wondering that myself. Some of the local discussion in the past month was to make premium caches available to proven "good old boys". That could mean having logged a certain number of caches and met up with someone who can vouch that you are on the up and up. Some of us would like to hold a hunt or so where some valuables are in there and after a time, let the cache open to anyone. Even misdirected park rangers and less legitimate geothieves. I'm not sold that the new registration is going to be the answer that we are looking for but I do support it if only to let Jeremey cover expenses, maybe hire some help to let him get out of the house and maybe something left over to feed the family. icon_biggrin.gif

Steve Bukosky N9BGH

Waukesha Wisconsin

I was wondering that myself. Some of the local discussion in the past month was to make premium caches available to proven "good old boys". That could mean having logged a certain number of caches and met up with someone who can vouch that you are on the up and up. Some of us would like to hold a hunt or so where some valuables are in there and after a time, let the cache open to anyone. Even misdirected park rangers and less legitimate geothieves. I'm not sold that the new registration is going to be the answer that we are looking for but I do support it if only to let Jeremey cover expenses, maybe hire some help to let him get out of the house and maybe something left over to feed the family. icon_biggrin.gif

Steve Bukosky N9BGH

Waukesha Wisconsin