Little map on cache page wrong.

Toscouk

On my cache The Coast Road - Kelling N Norfolk Great Britian http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9970 the little map changed to Lincoln Nebraska no idea where that is then days later its changed to Topeka Kans. this also is not in the UK. Big map OK Whats going on here?

One very confused geocacher.

Johnty toscuk icon_confused.gif

see also http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=1500909683&m=8050943814

Johnty toscuk

The same thing happened on one of the caches I created outside the U.S. The discrepancy should be only temporary and should go away without any need for input from you. I think it was previously explained that the initial map is just a "placeholder" until the actual appropriate map can be inserted. I'm not sure if that's an automatic function or if the reviewer/approver needs to do it manually. It will probably be corrected within a few days; if not, email Jeremy.

Worldtraveler

I've noticed this problem as well.

You can force the little map to be regenerated by editing your cache description. You don't even have to make changes -- just click the link to edit the cache, then click the save button. The cache will re-enter the map generation queue and will then likely get the correct map.

24_700.gif

Thanks for the tip, Iv`e just tried that so lets wait and see where the little map takes me

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

I've noticed this problem as well.

You can force the little map to be regenerated by editing your cache description. You don't even have to make changes -- just click the link to edit the cache, then click the save button. The cache will re-enter the map generation queue and will then likely get the correct map.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/24_700.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Johnty toscuk

quote:
Originally posted by Johnty:

the little map changed to Lincoln Nebraska no idea where that is

Some of us here in the states can vaguely remember a place called Lincoln Nebraska... a long, long, LONG time ago they used to have a University that played some pretty good football (American rules, mind you). Anymore, it's just a dot on a map... not really a place that many can find any reason to visit. Oh, the locals will still try to convince you that they still play football there.... but time after time... when it comes right down to it... American sports fans realize that the terms Nebraska Football and Over-rated are synonomous! icon_wink.gif

Support your local rescue team.... Get Lost!