Attach a word document?

Bob&TheGang

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

All the people that don't use Word will thank you not to do this. It doesn't work very well from a Pocket Query, either.

You won't mind if I attach my next cache description as nroff source or an awk program to help with your calculations, would you? Not everyone uses the same tools you do...

????? I have no idea what you are talkin about.

quote:
Originally posted by Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears:

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

You won't mind if I attach my next cache description as nroff source or an awk program to help with your calculations, would you? Not everyone uses the same tools you do...

????? I have no idea what you are talkin about.

My point exactly. Nroff and awk come with the operating system I use and are natural tools to to me solve certain classes of problems. But from your reaction, I'm guessing those tools are essentially unavailable (or at least impractical) to you. Not everyone uses the same tools.

Users of different tools (whether that's the people working from a printed page, a PDA, a pocket query, a Mac, a UNIX or Linux system, or even just a PC that doesn't have Word/Office on it) will find Word documents to be as much of a deal-breaker as you would to find a cache page that was written in nroff.