Geocaching Info Sheet for small ammo boxes

Growley

I'm sure you'll be assaulted by a gleeful markweller soon enough. icon_wink.gif We have several sizes we use, and we laminate them. The larger the size, the more info. The smaller, the less we have room for the "non-critical" info. We have one small enough for a micro - we just roll it, and use packing tape for the laminate. You can go larger with your ammo can...

If you want, just pull what you feel is "most important" from the larger info sheets. That's basically what we did, and as a result we have 4 different "fact sheets"/sizes.

If you hide it, they will come.

Grandmaster Cache

Tank at: FISH WHISPERER'S LAGOON

Snazz, don't get your panties too soiled. While my response may not have suited your fancy, I did address the question with what I thought was a helpful idea. If the original poster has a problem with my contribution, I'd appreciate a slap in the face from them, unless they've retained you as their advocate because they feel they need one of your typically happy forum contributions. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Many times, we don't have an exact answer, but until these forums meet your communistic desires, there will be those of us who answer with what we feel are helpful contributions. It's not like I offered advice about the pros/cons of ice cream on a hot day.

Indeed, I believe I helpfully contributed to the idea of various cache sizes with the method we use. Was the thread too happy for you? Was there no conflict? You need a hug. Change your avatar and try to be a bit less sinister. Does junior need a time-out until he can be a happier person? It's just the internet, pal. Don't let it consume you. Inhale pink... Exhale blue. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Grandmaster Cache

Mr. Snazz, Thanks...That is just what I was looking for. I printed and more importantly, saved the file for future use.

GrandMaster Cache, Thanks for your e-mail. I am in fact concidering a micro-cache in a very cool place here in Eastern NC. I will be e-mailing you shortly for the micro sheets.

Best Regards to all.

No, he didn't ask for "ideas." But I offered some, and indeed it seems like "something" I contributed might be useful to him in the future.

Now, seeing as I didn't ask you for your "input," and you seem to have defined what can be posted, it seems, ma'am, that you are out of line according to your "rules of contribution." Now go regulate your potty times or do something you feel empowered to do. Dismissed. icon_biggrin.gif

Grandmaster Cache

quote:
Originally posted by GRANDMASTER CACHE:

Now, seeing as _I_ didn't ask _you_ for your "input," and you seem to have defined what can be posted, it seems, ma'am, that _you_ are out of line according to your "rules of contribution." Now go regulate your potty times or do something you feel empowered to do. Dismissed. icon_biggrin.gif

Gee whiz, I'm sorry mister Coty, I'll go sit in the corner and think about what I've done. icon_razz.gif

I know the necessary answer had been provided allready, but the way i have done it is to copy the file into wordpad, then just highlight all the text and change font size. You can go pretty darn small and set the page up the way you want. Also you can take out or add text too. After that, i laminate and its ready to go!!!

Yes, that's exactly what I like to do as well, Mudfrog. I got a really cool idea from the Marky and Joani team, and that is to use the "stencil" font for the title, "GEOCACHE SITE - PLEASE READ" and then I use a nice legible font for the info itself. For the micros, I can't imagine shrinking the whole sheet down, so we decided to opt for legibility, clarity and conciceness. Here's what we actually have:

GEOCACHE SITE - PLEASE READ

Congratulations, you've found it! Intentionally or not! What is this container sitting here for? It's part of a worldwide game dedicated to GPS (Global Positioning System) users, called Geocaching.

IF YOU FOUND THIS CONTAINER BY ACCIDENT:

Great! You are welcome to join us! We ask only that you:

Please do not remove or vandalize the container. If you wish, please take something. But please also leave something nice for others to find, and write it in the logbook. If possible, let us know that you've found it by visiting the website below:

(Insert website(s) where cache is listed)

We are able to print 10 to a sheet, cut them out, and then we laminate them with packing tape. This way the can roll up inside the tube, and we do it so that the "Geocache Site" part is visible. You can even roll it real tight with a rubber band to keep it compact. Few cachers will "unroll" it because they know what it is. On the off-chance that somebody should find it who isn't looking for it, it hopefully explains it. If it's just a "find-n-sign" you can omit the part about "taking" something and add something you feel is more important.

p.s. thanks for visiting my website, ma'am! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Grandmaster Cache

It would be nice if we could get all of these types of helpfile files all posted in one easy to find place, perhaps in a FAQ.

The great question...which I have not been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?" --Freud