I have a new laptop, now what?

DutchBoy

I did a search on laptop topics and have read other discussions, but I was wondering if there are any neat things that I can do by connecting my Garmin V to my laptop, for in car use. My Garmin V already does mapping, although the screen is small. What do others do with the combo. I checked out ExpertGps.

thanks,

DutchBoy

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips. It seems to have the best looking maps and from what Iv'e seen and heard, the most accurate. It doesn't have a lot of GPS related functions but will show your position as a little car on the screen. Iv'e also put USAPhotoMaps (www.jdmcox.com) on my laptop and downloaded a very large area of topo maps and aerial photo's of where I go geocaching. This has full GPS functions and it's really cool to see yourself going down the road leaving a track on the aerial photo's.

Poindexter

www.geocities.com/fairbank56

Don't forget you can use ClayJar's program Watcher, discussed in this thread, or come to ClayJar's Geoccahing chat and someone will fill you in on the details. It's a fantastic offline viewer for GPX files.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

[This message was edited by brdad on January 24, 2003 at 04:57 PM.]