Geo-Pirates?

ChrisMek

I found a cache during my lunch today only to find and empty container except a piece of paper stating it had been Looted by Geo-Pirates. OK, so I admit that I am new at this game but I have been doing a lot of poking around the website and have never seen any reference to Geo-Pirates. Is this part of the Game? I think not, but maybe I missed something.

And so question # 2: What should I have done? There was no log, nothing to take. So I left it as I found it. Should I have left what I was planning on leaving?

Or is this Geo-Priating something new?

Any insight?

Thanks,

ChrisMek

Dude. Are for real? Check back on some of the recent forum threads. It's been the main topic up until a couple of days ago. No, it's not really part of the game. The people that plundered the cache are not geocachers, the're idiots. Don't get discouraged. I hope in spite of this expieriance you continue to enjoy all this great sport has to offer. Welcome to the geocaching!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

No problem. By the way nice job by the admins deleting that other log. Thanks.

If it's OK with Chris, you might as well close this thread.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

Is it a part of the game?

That' an interesting question. Yes it is part of the game, but not be design. The majority of geocachers would rather not have it at all just as they would not have muggles find their caches and walk away with them.

It would be interesting to see what they did for kicks before geocaching gave them such easy targets.

"Arre lassie, I be here to partake of yer milk money and such, if ye hands it over no cryin needs to be happenin. Four days hence I will return the plunder, but today ye starve ya lil urchin!"

ChrisMek, I am sorry at the confusion you encountered when finding a pirated cache. It is not a sanctioned part of the game as played on this website. You have the right attitude... there are lots more caches, go find some more and enjoy them.

Since J&MBella and Renegade Knight were so helpful in pointing Chris in the right direction and giving some background, I'll agree that his question has been answered and I'll close this thread as requested.

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!