Found Counts in Cache Logs

Eswau

Can someone explain how the found numbering system works in the cache logs? I've found 16 caches since Christmas, but if I go back and look at some of the logs I've written it shows various numbers. The first cache I've found shows something like 11 finds, others might show 12 or 14. I haven't spent alot of time trying to figure this out, but shouldn't they either show the number it was when I found it or update them all to the current find number.

Thanks-

Eswau

The find count used to show how many finds you currently had no matter when you looked at the cache page. So 100 caches later, your first cache find would say 100 finds next to your name.

But as geocaching grew, this taxed the server since each log would have to have the current find count looked up.

Now, when you look at a cache page, however many caches you have, when you first look is how many caches that page will say from then on. It get's saved with the page so it doesn't have to be looked up each time the page is loaded.... or something like that.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I've noticed that the number of finds behind my name on a find log gets updated whenever a log is added to the cache. So if ABC Cache was my 10th cache, and I then find 5 more caches, ABC Cache will still say smillersmiller (10) until someone else comes along and logs a find. The my log gets updated to smillersmiller (15).